Get funding for night classes:
If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment, you may be eligible for a grant to pay for your night class at NightSchool.ie.
The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) Training Support Grant scheme is designed to fund quick access to short term training or related interventions, obtain or renew qualifications for jobseekers who have identified work opportunities or where the Department case officers have identified an immediate skills gap as an obstacle to taking up a job offer or accessing other activation interventions.
A maximum amount of €500 per annum may be made available within a 12 month period for each jobseeker, where appropriate. This is the overall total for each jobseeker, regardless of the number of courses sought/required.
Eligible Schemes & Payments:
- Jobseeker’s Allowance and Jobseekers Transition (incl. Casuals)
- Jobseeker’s Benefit (incl. Casuals)
- One Parent Family Payment
- Signing for credits
- Blind Pension
- Deserted Wife’s Benefit (DWB)
- Farm/Fish Assist (FA)
- Disability Allowance
- Widows/Widowers Contributory or Non-Contributory Pension
- Illness Benefit for 6 months or more
- Qualified Adults of Jobseekers payment, who are job seeking.
Case Officers North Cork
Contact your local Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection case officer to apply for funding.
- Fair green, New Road, Mallow, P51 Y437.
- Fermoy & Mitchelstown
- Connolly Street, Fermoy, P61 DH04.
- Newmarket, Kanturk, & Millstreet
- Main Street, Newmarket, P51 WC83.
See https://www.gov.ie/en/service/11dbee-training-support-grant/ for more information.
Courses in Animal Care, Arts & Crafts, Barbering, Beauty, Business Professional, Childcare Professional, Computing, Healthcare Professional, Hobby & DIY, Languages, Social Studies, Sports, and Wellbeing.
Now enrolling our full range of night classes for Spring in Charleville, Fermoy and Mallow at NightSchool.ie.
Sign up online now for January/February 2020.