New for NightSchool.ie: the Accounting Basic course is the ideal preparatory course for upcoming Accounting Technician students without a background in accounting or without school accounting.
- Understand purchase and sales days books.
- Implement proper petty cash procedures.
- Learn to create account ledgers, understand the fundamentals of double entry accounting for expenses, income, liabilities and assets, and learn how to check your figures with a trial balance.
- Understand the bank account reconciliation process.
- Learn how to calculate your VAT liability.
- And produce annual Trading Profit and Loss Accounts and Balance Sheet.
Suitable for Accounting Technician students planning on doing second year IAS module in September: Computerised Accounts (Sage) covers using Sage 50 accounts software and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to input, edit and analyse accounts, including:
- Writing up sales and purchases day books.
- Issuing customer invoices.
- Writing up a cheque journal, checking and reconciling your bank account.
- Stock inventory control.
- Set up and prepare a VAT return.
- Produce reports:
- Debtors and creditors control accounts.
- Trading Profit and Loss accounts.
- Balance Sheet.